Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
Take your sandwiches up a notch by using this sun-dried tomato pesto as an awesome spread in place of mayo or mustard. This recipe also works great simply spread on a water cracker or as a dip on a charcuterie board.
· 2 garlic cloves, chopped
· ¼ cup pine nuts
· 2 cups fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
· 1 teaspoon salt
· ½ cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
· 1 six-ounce jar of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
1. Add the pine nuts, garlic, basil, and salt to a food processor and blend for 5 seconds.
2. Remove the sun-dried tomatoes from the jar and reserve the olive oil. Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the food processor and blend for an additional 5 seconds.
3. Drizzle in the remaining olive oil from the jar and blend until well mixed.
4. Add the parmesan and blend again.
· Store it in a glass jar in the fridge and it should last about a week.
· If someone is allergic to pine nuts, you can sub in walnuts or pistachios.